Import Listings function allows you to easily import listings to the database via Admin Panel. The importation can be done in CSV or Excel extension formats.*
Import File standard
You need to define column names in the imported file in accordance with SmartJobBoard fields IDs. For example, the 'Salary' field has ID=Salary, so you need to use Salary for the title of the corresponding column.
For the 'featured' system field, you need to set 'featured' in a column title (note all characters are in lower case).
For the 'pictures' system field, you need to set 'pictures' in a column title (note all characters are in lower case). The 'pictures' column should contain either full URL of a picture with 'http://' (e.g. http://www.YourSite.com/files/pictures/picture.jpg) or relative URL from the root of your SmartJobBoard script (/files/pictures/picture.jpg). Picture URLs should be separated with ";" (semicolon).
In order to connect resume file (.doc/.pdf./.jpg) with the imported resume into the system, you need to set 'Resume' in a column title. The 'Resume' column should contain either full URL of a resume with 'http://' (e.g. http://www.YourSite.com/files/Mark_Hudson_Receptionist.pdf ) or relative URL from the root of your SmartJobBoard script (/files/Mark_Hudson_Receptionist.pdf). Also please note that you should upload necessary files into /public_html/temp/import/files folder in order to attach them during the Import Listings procedure.
In order to connect a listing with a user, you need to set 'username' in a column title (note all characters are in lower case). And make sure to have this user registered and existing in your SmartJobBoard system.
Below there is an example of the imported file in Excel extension format on the picture:
To import listings you need to go to_Admin Panel > Listing Management > Import Listings. On the opened page you will see the following form to fill in:
You need to fill in the 'System Import Values' and 'Data Import' fields with an appropriate data.
System Import Values
- Type–choose a needed listing type from the drop down menu. Imported listings will be of the chosen listing type;*
- Product– choose one of the products from the drop down menu. Imported listings will belong to the chosen product; these products are taken from the Membership plans assigned to User Groups. More information about it you can find in the Membership Plans section of the Manual.*
- Active status– set this flag if you want the imported listings to be activated automatically after importation is done;*
- Activation date – click on the red calendar icon near this field to set the needed date when the importing listings will be activated.
- File – click on the “Browse” button to indicate a file you want to import;
- File type- choose the format of the importing file (CSV or Excel);*
- Fields Delimiter– if you importing a CSV-file you need to choose a field delimiter (Comma or Tabulator);*
- Not found values in DB will be''' – select the needed option – ‘ignored’ or ‘added to DB’ (only for values of the List or Tree type).
After filling all the fields, click on the ‘Import’ button.
Once the importation successfully completed you can see the listings you imported on the Manage Resumes page and make the further actions with them if needed.